Please note: AV is currently reviewing the GAP recruitment process as part of our continuous improvement in best practice.
If you have a GAP query please in the first instance read through the available information on the AV website, in particular the Graduate Recruitment and Selection Process Information below.
If you still have a query please email GAPRecruitment@ambulance.vic.gov.au and your query will be responded to within 5 working days.
You can apply any time – applications are open all year round and will be processed on an ongoing basis.
We’re looking for talented, passionate people who are looking for a career with a difference, and have:
- Successfully completed, or are in their final year of a recognised ambulance qualification at an Australian or New Zealand university.
- A full Victorian driver’s licence or held a P2 probationary licence for at least 1 year prior to commencement
- Highly developed communication skills, including fluent verbal and written English
- A good level of health and fitness.
- The ability to think clearly and act quickly
- Clear decision making and judgement skills
- Adaptability and resilience.
As a Graduate Ambulance Paramedic, you will enjoy a structured, on-road supervision and learning program for your first year of employment, to help you find your feet in this amazing and challenging career. Once completed, you’ll graduate to become a full Qualified Ambulance Paramedic with AV.
- GAP Recruitment and Selection Process Information
- Graduate Ambulance Paramedic Position Description
- Advanced Life Support Paramedic (ALS) Physical Capacity Testing Protocols Pre-Employment Candidate Pack
AV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds.